Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The death of a television giant

It has been a rough week for me, technology wise. I've had a lot of frustrating issues with my laptop. But even worse, my beloved televsion died. That's right, my 62" Panasonic CinemaView 1080i projection televsion left me to go to the great sports bar in the sky. And right in the middle of Seinfeld too. First the image flickered, then the image went away, then came the most horrible stench of burning electronics that I have ever smelled. Even now, a week later, you can still smell the subtle aroma of fried wire. Of course, this made watching the Superbowl fun. I had to bring down my kid's 20" tv/vcr combo to watch it on.

I have a demonstration image to convey the seriousness of the situation.



Clark Howard says to wait until March to buy a new tv. The prices will go down by then. So, I'm unofficially declaring the month of February as a month of mourning. On the bright side, I no longer have the warm, engulfing glow of my large screen tv to lull me into a semi-vegetative state. So I'll have more time to blog. ;)

No comments: